Monday, December 15, 2008

My own coming out party

I am stepping out of the darkness and admitting my current path. I do so with apprehension because I know that not all will agree and other may even chose to leave my side. But I, like so many before me, must to confess my secrets. We all have parts of ourselves we keep hidden in the darkness, we fear the rays of light, we hold our cards close to our chest, and remain mum when words are beating at the doors of our lips attempting to break through and be spoken. So here goes I am a “religious” person. I say this knowing that not all believe as I do. Most in my life are strict Christians or are atheists. I fall in neither of those categories. But now I stand before you naked admitting that I am neither, that I have a firm belief in God, the divine. It may not be your God, but I beg you to look beyond the book you’ve read and see that God has many names, many roles. All religions are right. I believe that the divine placed pieces of truth within every religion be it Christianity, Judaism. Islam or yes even pagan. I believe the divine gave all his children around the world a piece of the puzzle believing that it would bring us together in one unified race, culture, and society. But man, flawed as he is, chose to take his piece of the puzzle as the complete truth, and chose to hate those not like him. With the medieval blade he cast down his verdict, and the modern hypocrisy continues the war. So in that aspect all religions are wrong in that they think it is the only way. For the atheist I understand how it is hard to see the beauty beyond the actions of others. But, I simply can no longer deny that there is something greater then me when I have seen a miracle by proxy. So, yes I pray and I pray for you. I believe in the soul, and that one day even after we are on the other side of the veil, I will be reunited with you. And I believe God holds no grudges for those who do not believe, you do not have to be saved for your soul to move to the next plane. You just have to learn the lessons of this life no matter how painful or joyous you must learn from them and let your soul grow. I hope that all in my life understand. I am not sure why I had this burning urge to share this. Perhaps it was my pixie muse whispering in my ear for these words to be written, perhaps it was a confession that I need to release, or perhaps this is just another lesson my soul must learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home